15 February 2009

Restaurant Co-op

The idea of a restaurant co-op is brilliant. From my understanding it can be a mix of people investing in the restaurant's success. However, the restaurant co-ops I have read about are all employee owned, so I am not sure if there are any that allow for other members to contribute and benefit from their membership in the co-op. I think co-ops are going to become more and more popular in the U.S. as time goes on, because they are a great way to start a business and get people involved who share the common interest of the company. Also, people who get involved in the co-op generally support the founding ideas of the co-op and value the success of the co-op.

The restaurant co-op that gave me the idea to create a restaurant co-op for this project can be found at the following page:

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2005-11-29/mascia-co-oprestaurants

1 comment:

  1. You could have a blended hybrid model of a co-op, borrowing from the restaurant models as well as grocery co-ops (where customers own a piece of the biz too). I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete