09 February 2009

My New Company

After the initial research phase of this project and some more thought I decided to re-direct my ideas a bit. My company category is under "Money Management/Personal Finance." So I decided to twist this a bit to make it more interesting for myself to work on throughout the semester and start my own restaurant co-op. Restaurant co-ops are a fairly new idea to the United States, but have been common in Europe for quite a while. Currently restaurant co-ops are more common on both the East Coast and the West Coast, but Minneapolis/St. Paul area would be perfect for one too. I have only discovered one restaurant co-op in the metro area, Linden Hills. It is a deli/grocery co-op. The idea of a restaurant co-op is perfect for the current economy as rather than depending on outside investors the employees and other people interested in the success of the restaurant invest in it. 

More on this a bit later...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good– I'm interested in learning more about how a restaurant co-op works. I understand basic grocery co-ops, but expect that your idea is different– how so? This will be a unique concept to work through and with this semester!

    ReplyDelete